View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 09:10 PM
90f150302
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so i think the thing is completely toast now, slipping in every gear all the time, today after an hour of idling through the woods i come back out on the road and i only had first and second, i could let of the gas and it seemed like it went into neutral, then when i applied the throttle it went right back into second gear. ANYWAYS.... i got a whole C6 swap for free today. the donor truck drives and shifts properly, fluid looks clean, and i know how it was drivin because it was my grandfathers truck, the only problem is the transmission has between 400,000 and 500,000 kilometers ( ~ 300,000 miles) on it, and has never been rebuilt. what kind of hazards am i looking at here? should i just put it in with some new fluid and call it good or should i spend a little money and time on it and give it a fresh rebuild? i hear its easy to do with a good manual and some mechanical know how. but what about the torque converter, is that fine to just leave alone? or should i dump this deal and look for another C6 with lower miles. thanks