View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 02:09 PM
Ace!
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have to ask why all of the sudden you think you need a leveling kit? What size tires do you want? If you want a taller and wider tire without effecting much then you can do that without a leveling kit. What is the point of the leveling kit, for what you want to do?

I have 295/70/17 tires and they fit with room to spare (295 is the width, not the height). So, you can get a 35x12.5x17 on there if you don't offroad but a couple times a year and not hardcore. Based on what you said originally though, I go with a 285/70/17 or a 285/75/17 if you can find one. Width-wise you can put about a 12"-ish on there, or about 305 or 315mm.

However, if you are going to put a leveling kit on it anyway why not go all out and get a nice 2" to 4" lift and put 35 - 37" tires on it. I'd either do it or not (meaning, lift and tires and deal with speedo stuff, poorer mileage, less power...or, I'd leave it stock and put some more aggressive 285/70/17 tires on it).

It's all a trade off though. You can't change one thing without effecting another, i.e., if you raise it at all and add tires you'll effect the power and mileage. Go even taller and the mileage and power suffer accordingly. So, it's really about how much you're willing to give up to get the "look" you're after.

Maybe a leveling kit will give you the "look" you want, but you won't need it to fit a slightly larger than stock tire/wheel.