View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010, 11:54 AM
CharlieLed
Lead Driver
Received 467 Likes on 303 Posts
Here's the text from a post I made on that thread...I went to the wrecking yard and measured and photographed a 2004 and a 2007 CV to get this data:

"I have had an interest in this IFS for some time and after reading this thread and other material on the subject I went to the wrecking yard yesterday and checked out a 2004 Croxn Victoria for myself. The crossmemebr looks good...however, the measurements I took indicate that the flange to flange width of this IFS is 67.5 inches...that is quite a bit wider than stock and requires wheels with virtually no offset. I measured from the center of the mounting bolt that attaches the crossmember to the frame out to the flange of the rotor...this distance is 18 inches. The distance as measured from the outside of the frame to the mounting flange is 15-3/4 inches. The car I measured was sitting up on blocks so the wheels were off and no weight was on the suspension which means that the wheel hubs were at their lowest point...as the wheels go up with the weight of the vehicle on them these measurements may actually grow due a bit.
carcrafter22...thanks for taking the time to post the pictures and all your work on this effort, especially given your travel. I will be following this thread to see how the project concludes when you get to the point where you get the wheels mounted and the truck in it's final configuration.

As an added note: the car that I looked at was a 2004, there was a 2007 next to it and I noticed that the a-arms were different between the two. The 2007 were formed steel just like the pictures you have posted in this thread of your 2006; however, the 2004 uses cast aluminum a-arms. Dimensions looked the same but the aluminum arms were much thicker (as would be expected)."