Old 06-03-2010, 09:59 PM
gpfarrell
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Maybe there's a reverse tap-in near the gear shifter? Seems like that must be what triggers the back-up lights.

The ribbon install seemed intimidating until I watched the video, but I think I'm okay there if I just take my time and keep the kids out of the room.

I'm hoping I can sneak the wires from the camera into the tailgate by getting in behind the trim piece just above the license plate. I haven't looked closely yet at our Navigator, but I'd really like to not drill anything there.

It will be interesting to see if the cable from the camera to the lockpick is long enough to run all the way up the tailgate, back down to the floor, and then all the way to the front of the rug near the firewall by tucking it in behind the door sills or if it will need to cut towards the center console just ahead of the front seats.

That's the parts I've been thinking about.

Are you sure we need to find a reverse wire? It seems to me like we would... and I haven't spent much time looking at what I got... but the directions make it sound like a plug & play so I thought the lockpick might just plug into the reverse lead someplace.

Thanks for the update.