View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 12:15 PM
Redcat Diesel
Posting Guru
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Green_Monster
thanks for the info. Thats what I was hoping to hear. On the brakes is it possible to upgrade them to a more modern setup? If parts are unavailable?
As far as updating you would have to find a later truck with a similar GVW to measure and match with. It would consume a lot of time and effort to find out if it would indeed work. Most of the parts for that system should still be available although most if not all would be aftermarket. Find a parts house that specializes in larger trucks. If it's available these outfits will know where to get it. Also I'd suggest you locate an old service manual if possible. Ford shop manuals are always the best but older Motor or Chilton truck manuals are very helpful too. These books have lots of exploded views which can come in real handy. A couple of tool suggestions would be to locate a pressure bleeder that you can borrow or rent. Pressure bleeders make an often miserable job a whole lot easier. The last tool suggestion I have is to locate a short adjuster spoon for use on the rears. Snap On had a dandy one and may still make it. If you like I can get the number off of mine.