View Single Post
Old 05-29-2010, 04:13 PM
torysdaddy
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking at buyin an '07... opinions?

Hi all,

I have been lurking here for quite some time and love the site. I have had my '04 Expy EB for a little under 3 years now and absolutely love it, it has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever had. Only thing I have had a problem with was a rear shock rusting out and the infamous paint bubbling on the liftgate. Other than that, just tires and oil changes for that baby. However it is getting up near 100k miles now and my extended warranty coverage is running out so I am considering the purchase of a newer lower mileage Expedition EB.

I cannot seem to get a definitive answer from all the car review sites, some say yes and some say no, so I turn to you - the experts. I am looking at a 2007 Expy EB with everything except for air suspension, NAV, and power liftgate. I plan on adding the NAV cuz I love it in my current Expy and I may add the air suspension as well because I really like that too.

I am just curious to hear from you guys, the ones that own this new body style Expedition, how are they? Are they as solid as my '04 has been or are there any particular things that can be a pain with them? I know they have the upgraded engine with the 3v and the new 6-speed trans, but are these trucks as solid and reliable as my '04? Any and all feedback would really be appreciated because I have a deposit on the '07 and am set to go pick it up on Tues. The new one has 66k miles and is certified to 100k, and they only want $24k for it.

Thanks a lot!