View Single Post
Old 05-28-2010, 07:18 AM
TexasGuy001
Hotshot
Received 205 Likes on 165 Posts
Originally Posted by CarbonClear
Well....that is a matter of opinion. Yours.. ....
I like the fact that Hid's were available for me to have on my truck. You make some valid claims and I agree there is a large amount of crappy systems out there that tend to be different colors. Also those people you encounter on the road probably slaps those items in there without any care or adjustment to them. Then again you can get the same thing, when you install a new headlight and not adjust it. anyone that puts these on their trucks need to have little sense for other drivers on the road.

Are we referring to aftermarket kits or just all Hid's in general?

So true, but with advances in the automotive world...so did the headlights. More and more automakers German, Japanese, American and so forth are applying it on their line up. It was one of the reasons for my decision to get it. I wanted something that was close to a factory look and the second thing was jumping out my cars with hid's to one that didn't was noted.

Did not know that

Also just my 02
Your right, some of it is a matter of opinion as far as style goes, but even when adjusted down they still produce excessive glare.

I meant HID of any kind should never have made its way to the automotive industry. Even the HID on the high end cars glares more than regular lights. I also don't like that HID produces false colors and when the light shines on different objects they do not reflect their normal color.