View Single Post
Old 05-27-2010, 09:57 PM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by TexasGuy001
I don't agree. I encounter those retrofit kits at least 10 times a week and it makes it you can't see anything else on the road except for the vehicle that has them. They are illegal for a reason.

I think that HID should never have been used on any automobile period. I don't like its false colors either. I think its just trendy bling.

I don't know why so many people complain about the stock headlights. It wasn't that many years ago that headlights were far worse and people did fine with them.

What some of you guys may not know is that with all the bright light in front of you, your peripheral night vision is actually reduced, because your pupils on not dialated.
preach it brother.

I hate all HID's with a passion. Factory or Bubba's Conversion kit. I had PRK Eye Surgery 2 yrs ago and now have 20/15 vision. At night I can see perfectly except when some damn fool with his $50 HID conversion comes along.

Then I see spots for minutes. Halogen bulbs don't affect me at all. Even properly designed factory HID's are excessively bright.