View Single Post
Old 05-27-2010, 04:17 PM
CarbonClear
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TexasGuy001
I don't agree. I encounter those retrofit kits at least 10 times a week and it makes it you can't see anything else on the road except for the vehicle that has them. They are illegal for a reason.
Well....that is a matter of opinion. Yours.. ....
I like the fact that Hid's were available for me to have on my truck. You make some valid claims and I agree there is a large amount of crappy systems out there that tend to be different colors. Also those people you encounter on the road probably slaps those items in there without any care or adjustment to them. Then again you can get the same thing, when you install a new headlight and not adjust it. anyone that puts these on their trucks need to have little sense for other drivers on the road.

I think that HID should never have been used on any automobile period. I don't like its false colors either. I think its just trendy bling.
Are we referring to aftermarket kits or just all Hid's in general?

I don't know why so many people complain about the stock headlights. It wasn't that many years ago that headlights were far worse and people did fine with them.
So true, but with advances in the automotive world...so did the headlights. More and more automakers German, Japanese, American and so forth are applying it on their line up. It was one of the reasons for my decision to get it. I wanted something that was close to a factory look and the second thing was jumping out my cars with hid's to one that didn't was noted.

What some of you guys may not know is that with all the bright light in front of you, your peripheral night vision is actually reduced, because your pupils on not dialated.
Did not know that

Also just my 02