Thread: Title help??!!
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2010, 11:54 PM
kstones63
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A bonded title is a P.I.A. to get done unless they have streamlined it. I had to get a bonded title for my Model "A" when I got it titled. The first they do is have you go and get a bond. They told me to get a bond for what the vehicle was worth. I got my bond (cost $225) worth $10k that I paid for the car. When I took that in they told me it was more than I needed. They looked in their book and told me then that the vevicle was only worth $600 so my bond should have only been $50.
They only wanted to give me one thing to do at a time and then come back for the next step. When I finally got to take it to the super duper secret room so they could inspect it they took about 2 hours going over it.
They finally assigned a VIN # to it and had to run the new number thru the national stolen vehicle registry. I then had to take it back another time to run the new #, that they had assigned, again to make sure that it wasn't stolen.
This all took about 6 or 7 trips to MVD to get this done and of course it had to be trailered everywhere since I couldn't get plates yet.

I guess what I am trying to say is, if you can do a homemade trailer title you will be time and money ahead.
And I had an original title for the car but it was from out of state
Good luck,
Kevin