View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 01:08 PM
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kid Heading to La Verne

Greetings to my Ford friends in California. I am from Kansas City and know nothing about living in California but have a reason to learn more. My daughter has been accepted in a doctorate program at La Verne University and will be moving there next fall. She completed her undergrad in New Orleans LA, and was born and raised here in the Mid-west...just like me. I expect that it is an entire different world "out there" in CA, somewhat of a culture shock, but would like some advise from you guys.

My main project right now is to find some affordable housing for a non-working post-graduate student that is close to La Verne University. I have spent some time on Craigslist but am very leary of what I come across. She does have experience as a nanny in NOLA, so if that is an advantage in finding a room that would be great.

My questions of you folks out there deal with any advice you may have for us and if you might have any ideas or connections on finding a good affordable place to live for the next five years.

Thank you,
Bryon