View Single Post
Old 05-16-2010, 05:55 AM
subford
Fleet Owner
Received 223 Likes on 175 Posts
Originally Posted by Scinner
OK, everything seems to be correct.
One thing I dont see and cant find on my truck, an indicator light on the dash. Am I just plain stupid, or is there not one? I thought about checking that bulb, when I seen the posts regarding stop lights, and then it hit me, there isnt one. WTF? Perhaps my dash panel had been replaced by the previous owner and they put a different one in? Could that affect it? I know the amplifier receives it signal from the PSOM, so maybe that return is missing as well if its a different panel....
The standard cluster on the 1992-1996 F-150/350 does not have a Speed Control light on the dash.

Also, I dont have just Rear ABS, but 4 wheel ABS, hence the only dash light is ABS, however, it works fine. Light come on at start up like every vehicle, then clears out immediately. Does that mean i still have a separate RABS module?
You have the first truck I have heard of that has 4 wheel ABS in the F-series 1992-1995 range. None of the manuals show this either. But it is common on Vans.
Do you have front wheel sensors?
If not you do not have 4 wheel ABS.

got it!!!! Pin 9 should have 12v normally, and that was my problem
the mc switch is good, 12v getting through that harness and eerything, however, somewhere in the loom is an open. I fed a wire from the switch return, as not to actaully bypass the switch, and then cruised around at 35 mph with everything working great!!
That wiring diagram is what did it for me.
Glad you got it fixed and thanks for posting the outcome.