View Single Post
Old 05-15-2010, 06:46 AM
ReyGabe
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Fellas, well im posting this response to let you all know that today was the day the hub lock finally came off. Yup, all I needed was a one friday afternoon and a couple of my buddies and we were at it. Ok so I used PB blaster at least on 5 different days. I would spray it and drive it for a while and when I would park, I would check to feel if it was getting hot. I would attempt to pull it out and nothing. So today I took off the wheel and hit it with a mallot and rotated the rotor 1/4 turn at a time and hit it again. I kept doing this for about 50 smacks. I seen the hub locker shifting everytime i hit it, but I think i was hitting it too hard in that it would lodge itself after the hard hit. So I held the bottom of the hub locker in one hand pulling outward and with the other hand I would lightly tap the top portion of the hub lock and millimeter by millimeter I began to see the hub lock moving outward. Thanks guys for all your advise and thanks to my buddies for helping me out too. here are some pics of what I found inside, Could anyone tell me if I can purchase the bearing and the gear that the bearing wraps around? the bearing is missing some of the rollers and were crumbled up into dust inside the hub and it left some scored marks on the gear shaft that it runs on. ................................ .................................................. .................................................. . [/P]
[P][/P]
[P][/P]