View Single Post
Old 08-13-2003, 01:33 PM
bozo4ford
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
86' 2.3 battery new,doesn't turn over

Bozo4ford Found the problem.......(86' Ranger 2.3 EFI 5-speed)
Thank you for all your replies and suggestions on my ignition problem. After all I've done, thinking it was strictly related to the Ignition Coil, or TFI Control module,and the pick-up coil. (AGAIN) The main reason why it would Crank but not remain Running was the EEC Assembly Computer relay,((( Part# DY-443 E4TZ-12A646-A )))which is housed over by the fuel sensor relay,passengers side, under the plastic cover between the battery and the firewall. Apparently, water got into the unit,rusted and shorted out.

A Ford $38.00 dollar part and $365 dollars for the mechanics time to trace it!! He also replaced the Distributor relay.

While tracking the problem,he even replaced the Thermostat Module for my Air conditioning unit which is an ARA after market unit that the dealership installed,but I haven't used for years! Why? I dunno. I thought maybe he thought the T'Stat (located under the glove box was juiced into the distributor,but it is really connected to the fuse box)Weird. Thanks again to all!