Old 05-11-2010, 01:16 PM
Rusty_S
Lead Driver
Received 90 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by Rogue_Wulff
Now that you mention it, I remember my 1980 VW Dasher only had one turn indicator. Kinda funny, since it was actually an Audi body, and Audi engine (Diesel).
That car was essentially nothing more than an Audi Fox wagon with VW badges.

I don't know about Texas, but my buddy had no problem getting his Cobra replica inspected in Oklahoma with only one signal indicator. Getting the tag/title was another story, since we manufactured the whole thing in his garage, including the body and frame. Being the first ever "Kit car" to be produced from this "Manufacturer", he wasn't in the system as a recognised "Manufacturer" yet........
After he got the tag/title for his, everyone else who bought one had far less problems, since the manufacturer was *finally* in the system........
The only trouble I have seen from others here in tx is that the state keeps wanting to title these vehicles as the year they were built and then slap them with emission requirements. I was going to take and have mine titled in a small town and tell them its an assembled vehicle using a prefab body that way on the dso or what ever its called that is the ownership papers listing the year as 1965 will force them to list that as the year on the title.