View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010, 10:09 AM
hawkfricke
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
throttle problems

I have an 05 f150 5.4L that turned over to 100,000 on Friday night. (the rest of the story feeds into my paranoia that the computer systems in these vehicles are set to cause problem for the owner at certain benchmarks. i.e. 100,000mi.). When I first drove the truck Sat. morning (with 100,000.1 miles on the odometer) I noticed the truck trying to keep reving when I wanted to stop. On a flat run I would get it up to speed then let off the gas and it would hold around 1100 to 1500 rpm pulling me along and even accellerating. To test this on my way back to my house with about 2 miles to go and a decent hill at the beginning I accellerated the truck up to speed at the base of the hill and then let it go. It was able to carry me up the hill and then down the road the rest of the way home with me only holding it back. I turned up the road in my development and it carryed me home, uphill again, with no help from me. Next time I drove it, more of the same. However, later in the day I took it out and it seemed to be losing throttle at first and then would shut off on coasting situations. Today.... NO SYMPTOMS!!!??? It shows no check engine lights. I suspect the throttle position sensor. Any help would be appreciated.

I tell people when they ask that I love my truck but when I think of the ways it has beat me up (list too long) I have to wonder.