View Single Post
Old 05-07-2010, 06:44 PM
SurpriseF350Sport
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update on the move, heavy weights, springs etc

Hello,

I just finished my 2 week training at Sikorsky/Schweizer and start my inspection job on Monday. Looks like some good opportunities there and I am excited to work on Black Hawks and Sea Hawks again.

Our trip took 5 days.
No problems except my wifes excursion cooling system didn't hold pressure, but it never lost coolant either, coolant temp maxed at 225 and oil temp 272.

I drove her excursion with our 4 kids and anything else that would fit in it, and my enclosed car hauler full of our stuff, 65 to 70 mph.The trailer weighed 9480 lbs. I had a weight distribution hitch and the rear axle had 6300 lbs on it! If you have looked at my other posts you would know I installed some V and P code f350 springs on it. It pulled awesome and was not frieghted. We weighed in at 19870 lbs and the EX engine is stock and pulled like a dream! Plenty of power 10.8mpg average and It really went well.

I didn't pull the big trailer with my f350 because of the lift, but my wife pulled it with the 2 dogs and bed full of tools/boxes/ clothes washer (all under a shell) and her sister while pulling a completely full uhaul 6x12 enclosed trailer with 2 motorcycles, 30gal compressor dryer,freezer etc and got 15.3 mpg.
So over all not bad.

We found a nice house to rent in a good part of Elmira and just got the phone/internet hooked up today.

Does anyone know if the local Ford dealer is any good, or any nearby?

Gonna be chilly this weekend but I like it.