Old 05-06-2010, 01:49 PM
F 250 6 liter
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK so I am not crazy

Hey thanks for the reply my we are on the same page.

Does anyone know where I can find the EGR to unplug and is this ok to do when running or when the truck is off?

As for the gasket boot is that something I can see when lying under the truck? Could this also cause fumes to sometimes get into cab?

Thanks all for your help it looks like I am on my way to a resulution

Originally Posted by AndeyHall
Ok dude, mine did this EXACT same thing. I would be going up mountain roads and I'd punch it to try and pass somebody and I'd hear a blowing or sucking sound near where the turbo would be and I would lose power and it would start blowing black smoke everywhere. If it's the same as mine, the black smoke and the blowing sound really have nothing to do with each other. I took it to a friend at the dealership who knows a ton about 6.0s and here's what he did. He drove it around a little, then pulled over and unplugged the EGR with the engine idling. That solved my loss of power and smoke problem, but the blowing was still there. He checked out the gasket (boot) connecting the intercooler hose to the turbo and it was cracked on the underside. Check those things out and see what happends.