View Single Post
Old 04-30-2010, 04:46 AM
norvillebob
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Julies Cool F1
Julies Cool F1

I would bet anyone here that they couldn't drive an unmodified F4 at over 2750rpm for over two hours - at ANY SPEED, without turning to pudding!

I would agree with you completely. With my previous smaller tires, My truck ran at 2600 rpm at 65mph. It was unbearable for more than 20 minutes. Now it drives at 2300 rpm. I have yet to drive this one over 60 miles. September San Diego to Napa!

But I drove my 55 with a 3spd overdrive and it drove 65 at 2100 rpm. I drove it many times from San Jose to San Diego (about 450 miles) many times and it took me days to stop feeling like I had been trompled by horses!

But your pictures didn't show up! Can you post some new ones.

Julie, I had a warm 390 in my 65f250 and it would run 3000 all day and night without a hickup..I'd run out of gas well before that and my ears would be bleeding being locked in the tin can. But it handled it well, I think as a society we are not used to running engine at upper RPM for long periods of time.... I was extremely uncomfortable running my 63 alpine at 3800 rpms but that's the way they were designed..