View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 04:00 PM
hdunlap
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Emergency/TurnSignal Flasher

Hello and Help!
I am no stranger when it comes to visiting/reading the forums on this site but I must admit it;s been awhile since posting. I recently purchased a 67 F100 2wd with a transplanted 460 engine and C6 automatic transmission. I really like this truck as well as my 1971 F100 daily driver. The problem I am having with the 67 is getting the turn signal and brake lights to work. So far I have replaced the turn signal switch, traced wires for bad connections/grounds, and checked for blown fuses/bulbs. When I removed the instrument panel I discovered that this truck unlike my 71 only has one flasher. What I believe to be the flasher is square gold/brass colored and was mounted with two screws to the right of the steering colum to a bracket behind the instrument panel. What I believe to be the flasher had two wires connected to it and one of the wires is red with a white stripe and the other wire is red. Since I didn't have a replacement for what I think is the flasher I connected the wires to a regular round emergency flasher. Since connectiing the wires both turnsignals in the front work, the emergency flashers work, and the driver side turn signal in the rear works. The rear passenger side turn signal does not work and the brakelight on the driver side does not work. In addition to the problems listed above when I apply the brakes with the turn signal or emergency flashers on none of the lights will work. Short of knowing what else to do I figure if I could get/replace the original flasher that might solve the problems I am having with the turn signals and the brake lights. Is the type of flasher discribed above common to the 67's and if so where could I get a replacement flasher? Sorry for the long post but my next question is does the one original flasher work both the turn signals and the emergency lights? Thanks for your help in advance and I want to say what a great site this is and I can't count the times the information posted here has helped me to solve problems with my daily driver.
Howard