Thread: Mine explosion
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 09:42 PM
KevinGnWV
The village idiot.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Today, at 3:30 pm while I was doing work near grundy Va on a surface mine, all engines were cut and a prayer was recited by a preacher that works there that lasted about 7 minutes, followed by 5 minutes of silence. I know this happened almost everywhere today, but.....

I live in Raleigh County, and have family that works at that mine. Of course, nobody there knew that, since I was 3 hours away from home and I had only been at that location 1 time before. It was nice. Peaceful. Blessed, I suppose. Many of the men there, including myself had to dry their eyes and nobody turned in shame. You could hear the preachers voice become shaky as he prayed over the CB radio.

I know people are angry and want answers and I think we all understand that. But there are fathers and husbands and brothers and uncles and nephews and friends gone. And then there are the ones that have to go back in there without those guys.

I hope I have not offended anyone by this post. I've been following this thread and decided just to keep quiet until today, so I hope you all understand.

God Bless those Men.

YouTube - Covered in Coal by Blackwater Outlaws