View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 10:26 PM
willy3486
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone needing metal in mid TN area

If you need metal in the Mid TN area check out Southern Central scrapyard just outside of McMinnville going towards Morrison. They have a lot of crap from factories and they still let you walk about their yard. I took some soft drink cans for my daughter today there and walked around. We made a deal with our daughter to teach her to work and save years ago by having her to crush our old cans. She gets to put the money in the bank for college. Anyway I needed some metal to build a frame for a homemade bandsaw sawmill I am making and found what I needed. I also found some nice scraps of metal that has stamped holes in it. I wanted some like that to seal in my trailer sides. Its one of the TSC utility trailer specials. I got out for a total of 11 bucks. It was about 20 cents a pound.

They get a lot of factory scrap from the area. They also sell the roller wheels, I bought some 6 inch ones for about 3 bucks a few years ago. I was going to make a heavy duty flatbed cart to roll around. The metal that had the holes was about half of it with holes and half without. The pile I got the steel tubing had a lot in it. As with scrap most you see has been cut,welded,etc. But the pieces I got were 42 inches long. The pile it was in was at least 15 feet high. Years ago before I rewired my truck I got a box full of new wire for about 5 bucks. It would fill about two of the milk crates you see in stores. So if you are out my way and need a few pieces check them out.