Old 04-08-2010, 03:25 PM
hjsimpson
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Baker Baker
I have a 2008 Expedition Limited which I bought for my wife. It has 27,000 miles and we baby it.

My wife was slowing down to turn into the driveway. She heard a screeching sound, the brake pedal went to the floor, swirving around, and the car would not stop. The ABS / traction control light came on the dash too. She rolled on pass the driveway because she couldn't stop the car!

I found a few articles on the web describing the same thing. They said their cars had been to the shop several times and the dealerships could find no problems, no codes, evidence etc. And of course, my dealership is saying the same thing. They have consulted the online help and ran multiple tests today with no luck. Everything works out fine.

I am scared to death my wife and kids will get hurt, but we have to have the car everyday. I found on the web that it may be the hydraulic cylinder.

Any ideas? Thank you.

Baker, I own a 2007 and was/is having issues with the RSC(traction control) where it would cut the throttle off and go into limp mode. The lights that came on were the RSC and the Wrench light alternating and would produce NO codes. Restarting the vehicle cleared the lights and everything was back to norm.

Like you I brought it to my local dealer and ran test and they could not reproduce the issue, multiple times (varying in mileage 10k+) this has occurred and it took contacting the Ford Customer Relationship Center(CRC) twice and posting a video of it on Ford's Facebook fan page for them to reopen the case.

Since then the CRC agent has been in contact with my local dealership and they were able to get it to "act up" and came to the conclusion it was a bad Throttle Assembly and RF interference from bad spark plugs.

As of last Tuesday, I know have my vehicle back after 12 days in the shop. I say "was/is" have issues becuase the times the issue happens is so infrequently. Ford claims it has been fixed, but in my mind there is a possibility it may happen again in 10k miles or so after my ESP has gone up.

The first time I contacted (about a year ago)the CRC they took the side of my dealership....since they can't reproduce the issue there is nothing they can fix.

My advice is if you can't get the dealership to help, try another one then contact the CRC.

I hope you get in your case its not the same issue as mine and its a simple fix otherwise GOOD LUCK!

(BTW I took video's of the warning lights when they came on for my own sake, and they came in handy!)

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/8...ion-issue.html