View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 12:18 PM
Chep
Mountain Pass
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So I just had a new 3"Dp and 4" MBRP exhaust and an SCT Chip installed by Burnhausen Specialty Automotive in langley a little over a week ago. Also had them put a new pyro and boost guage in my A-pillar. Towed a buddies 30ft trailer up to Savonna via the Fraser Canyon on Good Firday and I have to say the truck pulled and worked great. Motor's breathing really well and only hit about 1200F on a couple of long hills and even then only for a short period of time. Slowest I got was up Jackass Hill and that was 80Kmh in 3rd gear pulling 3200RPM. I was thinkiing about adding a gear vendors overdrive but after this trip I really don't think it will be necessary. I was getting around 13mpg hand calculated while towing and I haven't calculated the trip home empty yet but I have definitely used less fuel than normally. Best of all I am so happy with the trucks performance that I am no longer looking at buying a new truck anymore. Truck now goes in for an upgrade stereo, blue tooth, and nav system. Figure I'll spend the taxes I would have spent on a new truck on this one!