View Single Post
Old 04-02-2010, 08:54 PM
willy3486
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is your jayco 5th wheel a older one with aluminum trim on the corners? If it is chances are the leak is from that. If anyone has one with the aluminum trim I would suggest taking the trim off and putting some new putty thats in a roll between the trim and aluminum skin. Every one I have seen that has water damage can be traced to that. I removed all the trim and windows and put new putty on the aristocrat even if I didn't have to remove them. I also seal the sides around the trim and put a little sealant in the hole when I put the screw in. Every little bit helps. I much rather reputty the trim on a Saturday than take months rebuilding a complete trailer due to water damage. If you need parts for one do a search for RV surplus salvage. There is a RV surplus place by that name in Indiana that has great prices. But call them up to buy. They add a lot to the shipping cost if you do it online. I bought the radios in my campers for 12 bucks. They were new wall mounted ones leftover from a line.