View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 07:01 AM
Johnny Langton
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by cudamank
Well my mom's truck had a spark plug failure, or rather ejected. This is on a 2003 ford 150 supercrew 5.4 with 141k miles. Called me from the side of the road, said it was making a noise so she shut it right off. #4? passenger rear, found plug on valve cover, coil on plug mounting ear broken.

So now what? Truck was towed home and now doing research to figure witch way to go. I know ford says replace the head, but do to cost reasons would prefer to avoid that.

Of course now thinking we need to take a look at my dad's 2006 f150 crewcab 5.4 4x4, close to 100K and my wife's 05 Excursion v10 4x4.
141K miles-those plug should have been out of there LONG before that time. If they were changed-you need to speak with the guy that changed them. if they haven't been changed,then your mom needs to look in the mirror for someone to be upset with. You dad's '06 5.4L is probably gonna have problems getting the plugs out-it's a 3V,and has different style plugs that have some issues with the plug ground shield breaking off in the head if you leave them in too long.
JL