Thread: P0305
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 07:51 AM
Torsen Rick
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update: I got the gasket set in last week, so I dug into it over the weekend. It took the better part of Saturday and Sunday, but I finally pulled the lower intake out yesterday afternoon.

I didn't see any obvious signs of a gasket leak, either on the gasket, the intake or the head around the #5 port. But as it would be an air leak, I'm not sure I would see anything anyway. I decided that since I have it this far apart, I'd send the injectors out to be rebuilt, especially since I haven't ruled that out as the problem. So, those will go out this week, and if all goes well, I can reassemble it next weekend. I'm kind of hoping that they'll take longer than that to turn around - next weekend is supposed to be real nice weather-wise, and I'd hate to loose it stuck in the garage...

Another thought - since I have it this far apart and things are excessible, I thought it would be a good idea to replace the heater core lines, especially those that run under the cowl and back to the rear heater. But now I see that they are one-piece molded lines that are "T" shaped. I couldn't find replacements, even at Rock Auto. Is this a dealer-only item? Are they even still available through the dealer? I'm not crazy about dealer prices for something like this, but I'm also not crazy about having a hose go bad and not being able to fix it readily.