View Single Post
Old 03-27-2010, 05:50 PM
adamantine
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was changing the brake pads and put everything back together. Just before I put the wheels I start the car again and put it in gear.

When I hold the left side leaf spring with my hand, I could feel the vibration pretty clearly. However if I hold the right side leaf spring, I could barely feel the vibration. The noise still seem to be louder when I hear it from the left wheel well. I'm not sure now. Could it be that its just the left side wheel bearing and the noise/vibration resonate to the center differential?

The vibration feel (with hands) seem to be about equal, the left side leaf spring and the differential cover. Maybe one is lesser than the other but I'm not sure. But my theory is, if the vibration source is the center differential, would it resonate equally between right axle and left axle?

Sorry I'm imagining things. I don't have time yet to open up the bearings. I'm just hoping its not a hard/expensive fix and I could drive the car longer.

I'm not sure if I'm that advanced to break into the differential. But if thats the way to go I may as well do it.

Is it common for this car to have differential problems? The car have 83000 miles.

Thanks!