View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 01:59 PM
Parts Guy Wyatt
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PaysonPSD
Just a heads-up.

Ford catalog does not list the TPS for a 1999 7.3 Super Duty as a separate replaceable part which leads to having to replace the whole accelerator pedal assembly. I found this to be incorrect. If you have an acelerator pedal assembly with separate TPS (separate 3 wire connector) and IVS (Idle Validation Switch, 2 wire connector) just the TPS can be replaced.

This is a pic of my 99 with new TPS installed.

Without removing the whole assembly you only need to remove the 2 T25 screws and the connector to replace.

Since this part is listed for more then 20 Ford trucks I figured it would work in my 99 7.3. I bought a brand new TPS from Pete (F250_) that he could not use. He has a 2002 with one 5 wire connector. It works perfectly in my 99. Not sure if it will work in a 2000 or 2001 but if the TPS and IVS each have their own connector it should. Make a visual inspection to be sure.

Part DY-967 or F4SZ-9B989-AA - Potentiometer

I was going to go with a Dorman TPS but like PartsGuyED likes to say "OEM Baby". The OEM TPS through Ed is actually cheaper then the Dorman.

Side-by-side pic of the old and new TPS. Only the center rotating part is different but it fits and works just fine.

By the way, the original TPS was working fine so I have no idea what the symptoms of a bad TPS are. Since it was available I replaced it to have a spare and to see if this one would work. Both Pete and I thought it would and we were right.

UNBELIEVABLE!

another bend me over Ford situation.....

well any one that wants to order one make sure it will work on your truck first....

I'll save this thread.....