View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 11:14 PM
barrel racer
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 F-350 Diesel problems with hauling

I purchased a 2008 F-350 diesel as an upgrade to my 250 in order to haul my horse trailer. I already owned the trailer and was assured by the dealer that this was the truck to do the job. The more I pull the trailer, the more of a problem I have. The truck is bucking and surging while I'm pulling. I have checked the truck specs (I am not an expert) and it seems that my trailer fits within the limits of weight in the box. The dealer got the regional engineer to look at the truck but we recently got a letter saying that although Ford realizes that we do not agree, they do not see there is any problem that they need to respond to. Now, I don't know about you but I can't run around all day spending $50k on a truck until I find one that works. I thought Ford was supposed to be "THE" truck to haul with. The bucking is getting worse and I'm at my wits end. The latest is that the dealer said I would see a BIG difference if I installed air bags. Well, not on this truck. So, do I trade my 350 in for a bigger Ford? Is this one a lemon? Do I trade for a Chevy or GMC? Maybe I need to buy a Freightliner. Have others had this issue and what have they done to resolve it?