View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 09:06 PM
superdutyduck
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GRN250
So I recently bought this truck a 1997 Ford F250 4X4 5.8L and I noticed that after driving it for a week my AC crapped out I replaced the compressor and the compressor clutch yesterday AC worked great for a day got in the truck this morning and AC was blowing hot air so I went to refill the freon the system seemed to be taking freon but never got Cold. I noticed that the charge port (low side) was leaking so I removed the valve (with pressure on it causing freon and oil to go all over the place) and replaced it; if I recharge the system and it is still not blowing cold air what could be the problem?

I believe that the person we bought the truck from over charged the system causing the compressor to go bad.

How much freon should the system take if it is completely empty and would i need to add more oil if so how much?

Does anyone know a good AC mechanic here in the Houston Texas area if I can't solve the problem?
did you do the compressor yourself? if it still doesn't get cold, probably have a dirty evaporator. you have to remember 134-A will not get as cold as r12. could also have a plugged oriface filter.if you did the comp. yourself, you would have had to add the correct amount of PAG oil. and the amount of refrigerant you need should be on the radiator support with all the other little stickers.