View Single Post
Old 03-15-2010, 05:16 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
F250 Dually conversion.

F250 Dually conversion.

well.after thinking it over.iv decided to just run the rear dually adapters,rather than running out of state and spending much more $.
since i have them,and an extra rear now anyway.the price was right to try it out (yeah.you convinced me Star lol.)

i figure i can always swap out to a true dually pickup rear latter on if this doesn't work out.
so i grabbed 5 rims today.that's all they had.so i'll be on the lookout for one more and some 4x4 front dually hub/rotor combo or the front adapters.

while i was at the salvage yard,i noticed the rear of this 2wd dually had a nice 3" wide 4 leaf overload pack.
so i bought both of these too.
now i can burn out the center bolt,and add my super duty overload to the top and have my 5 aux combo.

now,since the super duty conversion is said not only to be much stronger,but gives a smoother ride as well(due to being longer.)im really contemplating how many mains i want to remove from this 10 main pack i have.
can someone give an estimate of the payload that 5 mains w/ 5 aux springs should handle?

i'v also got a high flow muffler on order,and will be taking the rig in to have the custom Y done up soon as well.
i'll be taking in my favorite pic to show them what i want:

i'm slowly gathering more pieces to the puzzle for a great chipper truck setup.

edit.
oh yeah,and iv got a replacement front plastic tank coming in to a local salvage yard this Thursday.so i'll be able to run around with more than 4 gallons at a time now LOL.
i'll tilt my bed up tomorrow,and fix the pickup in the rear tank too.
still on the lookout for some underbody tool boxes.looks like i may be forced to buy new.dang.can't find anything used around.