Old 03-14-2010, 03:10 PM
willy3486
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I feel the same way on the history of the items. I have had to deal with folks like these guys too many times. I have been putting up stuff on a local sales site tryng to clean up and get rid of junk. I am so tired of the lowballers I just about don't want to sell stuff anymore. I had put up about 250 bucks of shingles if you bought them now that were left over from my house being built. They were new and I put 50 on them. I go so tired of the "yeah I want them but will you go lower. I had one guy who even asked if I would take 25 because he had to travel so far to get them. I wound up selling to a guy who was tickled to get them at 50. He bought a storage shed and it needed reroofing, it was going to cost about 200 bucks.

If you like the old stuff and history check out my pictures link on my profile. I also like that old stuff. I get junk then 20 years late it seems its actually priceless by then, go figure. I have a 47 and 39 jukebox. I also have been collecting old woodworking tools the last few years. I like the aluminum case electric hand tools. One of the last items I redid was a old delta scroll saw. I have about 80 in it. As far as "picking" goes I have my best luck at yard sales,flea markets and sales ads. You might pay a little more at flea markets but you save more in the long run not driving so much. But many times I actually have better luck and get better deals at them. You have more to choose from. I bought a draw knife one time for a buck, I have also bought handles for tools in the 1-3 buck range at one I go to. As far as yard sales goes stay away from the more expensive neighborhoods. I have bought tons of stuff at them. I have so many tools I got at yard sales they are like sears to me. I could have bought a powermatic saw one time for 60 bucks that needed a motor. I didn't have the room for another then and wasn't looking for a project. Anymore it seems to me that if you go out "picking" out of the blue and ask if they have anything you get told no. I quit doing that a long time ago. It got to where I was afraid I get shot at.