View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 08:15 AM
1Aauto
Former Vendor
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 2002 F350V10
I had it done today. I have a connection at a major automotive warehouse for sourcing most aftermarket mechanical parts. The 4 moog ball joints (2wd)were $112 wholesale total out the door. They didnt have them in stock and it took a day to get(ordered yesterday pm , picked up by me at 10 am today). I dropped off the truck at 1030 am and had a friend hike me back to work. 330 pm I recieved the call the job was done. I was there at 4pm, and the bill was as quoted $200 labor even, and the old ball joints were in a box on the passenger floor incase I wanted to inspect then. Shop was slow and had 2 other cars to work on 1 for brakes, the other had a head off the engine. Atleast 4 empty stalls. Quick fast and reasonable , and not a grease print anywhere. If you are in Chicago I would recommend them. E mail me for an address. Very happy. Especially since most shops frown on customer supplied parts.
Sounds like you made out pretty good.I have a shop that I go to also for major stuff that let's me buy my own parts too.