View Single Post
Old 07-31-2003, 02:19 AM
Amtek
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Vibration when accelerating

Hello again, Got another questions for those who might know... And yes, I searched the topic but only found problems with an auto.

I have a really bad virbration when accelerating mostly in 2nd gear and a little bit of 3rd. It does not happen in 1st/granny or in 4th, probably because there is not enough torque?

It only happens when I gas it in 2nd and the beginning of 3rd, almost like it only happens when there is a lot of torque/strain. I guess 4th is too low to have that much torque applied and 1st just revs too quickly with very little strain. and only does it when im hard on the gas. Immediately I thought it was the U-joints so I replaced them all except for the intermediate shaft. Its a highboy and all suspension components are stock so the driveline angle shouldnt be the problem. The only other thing I could think of is that it may be the clutch.

I slowly engaged the clutch while it was idling and the pedal seemed to vibrate as soon as it made contact with the flywheel. could cause the vibration under strain? would it be in the clutch or the flywheel? or both? supposedly the title says its a 72 but its got a 73-77 body and 73-75 front end so I dont know where to post but I think the drivetrain should be the same, right? I have a 390 with a T-18 and a NP 205.

any help would be very much appreciated.

Last edited by Amtek; 07-31-2003 at 02:23 AM.