View Single Post
Old 03-07-2010, 02:52 PM
gpfarrell
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Decided not to get an Expy EL

As much as I really thought I wanted an Expedition EL and enjoyed driving a few of them, we decided to pass on it and get this instead:

KODAK Gallery | Photo Merchandise

It's an '07 with 33,000 miles and every option I could find in the brochure. We really wanted Dark Blue Pearl... partly because we like the color and partly because I like the color so much on my '03 supercharged Marauder.

We could have found an XLT but wanted more toys. I like the two-tone on lots of EBs, but I'm not crazy about it with the blue. And you don't see many blue Limiteds, eh?

Finding a blue L, let alone with the middle row bench seat, was just shy of impossible. This one had been languishing at Mercedes dealership on Long Island, New York.

I caught a Jet Blue flight from Pittsburgh, the dealership picked me up at the airport in an E-class, and I was west bound shortly after I arrived. I found the Navi's navi to work well, but couldn't believe I was driving through the fringes of NYC on surface streets just an hour into owning it!

I was home less than 12 hours after on got onto the plane though, with the 600 watt 14speaker stereo pushing me the last 90 minutes.

Overall it's in great shape. It's got a couple little things... missing the factory floor mats but it has Weathertechs, and it's missing a remote fob. I also don't know the keyless code and couldn't find it anywhere behind the driver's kickpanel yesterday.

Mysteriously the power liftgate quit working shortly after I got it, but I'm thinking that should slide under Lincoln's 4year, 50k bumper to bumper. Also, the power lumbar in the passenger's seat doesn't work. There's a bit of chrome peeling off the wheels... not sure if I'll get any help with that. All of the other buttons seem to work though and it drives great at 80 mph.

And our boys love it!

We're looking forward to lots of miles together.