View Single Post
Old 03-07-2010, 07:10 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,220 Likes on 803 Posts
Originally Posted by 67catmando
I have a 2007 limited. I went on a long trip and thought it seemed like it was running a bit rough after a trip through the grapevine (mountains on the way to Southern CA). I thought I might have noticed a trans slip or 2 but I couldn't be certain. Then my car started in the limp home mode. I took the truck into Ford and they plugged it in. They told me that it was the transmission valve body and that it would have to be replaced. The truck has a 100k drivetrain warranty right? They told me that the valve body...which is inside the transmission, was not covered by the drivetrain warranty. $850 estimate. Does this sound right?
And then, after you have it repaired under warranty, be sure and call Ford's customer service folks and file a complaint against this dealer. Be very specific when you call.

But, here my question. Did the 5 year / 60K mile drive train warranty start in the beginning of the '07 model year? Or, was it instituted mid season?

Edit: I read through the link and answered my own questions. Model Year 2007 vehicles come with the 5yr / 60K mile coverage for all internal drive train components.

Make that call and raise hell.