View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 02:03 PM
willy3486
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"new" member here

I have been a member here a while but not posted until the last few days. Anyway I refound the site and I am back. I had got away from sites dealing with my truck since I have it done a few years. I was somewhere else but it got to weird there. Anyway a little about me. I live in Smithville and have been around the 61-66 trucks since I was a kid. I bought my 66 when I was a teen in 79 or 80. I have probably taken off every bolt on it twice except for the engine. The engine area is my weakness so I don't touch it much. You can see it in my picture section.

If you have seen the True blue trucks section my truck was in the first and second issues that came out. It was in the readers ride section on the first one and I wrote the article of recovering the dash in the second. I also plan on articles on making the door panels like the originals,making a headliner from scratch, fixing and rebuilding the trim, and if I can find someone that wants one how to make a overhead console. I need to find someone interested in a overhead console and make one for theirs. I have worked on electronics and computers for years. At one time I worked on auto radios and rebuilt mine. I added fm,mp3,booster and reverb unit to the truck.

I also have a couple of vintage campers I rebuilt. I have a scotty and a Aristocrat. The Aristocrat may be the only one in existance. From info I have found and also from comunication with people involved with the company it may have been a prototype. If we can post links I will post a link to the pictures of it. I also have pictures of my truck rebuild and how bad it was. I had to replace between 20-30% of the metal in the cab and radiator support. I made all the parts by hand. I made a english wheel to make the curved parts as well.
So far this seems like a great place and beats some of the old sites I use to go to by far.