View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 09:52 PM
EMoeFord
Junior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
94 F150 won't start with Key

Hello! I search this forum & Google for a solution to my problem. I saw some posts with problems similar to mine, but no solutions.

I went to work one day, and as I was backing in, I noticed the lights on my radio flickered (aftermarket radio, been in truck for several years). The next morning put key in the ignition to start it & nothing. I had to jump the starter solenoid on the pass firewall, to start the truck (with no problem - fired right up). Drove home, about 20 miles, shut truck off, but would not start via turning the key.

Thought starter solenoid was bad, so I replaced it. Still same thing. Bought a new ignition module (under steering column mount). Still same thing. I know the battery is good.

I ruled out starter & starter mounted solenoid, but truck can be started, via jumping starter solenoid on fire wall. I tried to start truck in neutral, still won't start. When key switch is turned just before start position, truck buzzer, radio, dash lights, signal lights, all work. All fuses check good. I also have an aftermarket remote starter, that I had for 3/4 years, without any issues.

I'm down to the ignition switch key cylinder, neutral safety switch, PIP sensor (distributor), TFI sensor.

I think this cover's everything. Any thoughts on this issue? Thanks.