View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 05:00 PM
Blue Rebel
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My 89 F250 Project

So, after cruzin this thread for a while, it dawned on me that I have never actually made a progress thread for my truck, even though there is little that I havent done to it. So here we go, dates are probably way off, but oh well.

And to the mods, I know alot of these pics have that little copyright in the bottom, but I am Josh Huston, so please dont delete them!

Here is how the truck looked april of 05, about 3 days after I brought her home, sitting next to my old 90 F150, which i killed as a result of being 16 and stupid:

Pulled the truck out of a field looking like that, hadnt run in 5 years. Changed the fluids, put in a new battery and brake like, and she started right up! ... Then needed a new starter and clutch immediately.

Drove it like that for a while, but knew it needed some work in the looks dept. Added Country Boy across the windshield, whips on the mirror mounts (since my mirrors both rusted away and fell off lol) and a fancy redneck liscense plate:

Of course the old bald dry rotted tires needed to go, so i picked up a set of these from a buddy, had to remove the front bumper to make em fit, but it was junk anyways:

About this time I was also able to buy my custom front bumper from my same buddy, he ended up getting out of the truck scene all together.

Drove it like this for a while, had some fun, until one day I fired her up and clang clack clang! no oil psi, and engines makin a ton of bad noises. So got a used engine, tore it down, regasketed it, (didnt want to tear too deep in, i didnt know anything about rebuilding yet and i needed the truck to drive asap) and swapped it in:

So, new engine, new clutch, and im feelin bulletproof, had tons of fun with the truck, takin her out and playin almost every weekend

Over the next summer I ran into a killer deal at the local swap meet, and picked up 4 of these brand new, still had the stickers on em, for only 100 bucks! Rims cost me 50 at the same meet, got a couple killer deals that day:

Problem is these would not fit up front without doing something, so i added an add a leaf and stuffed em in there:

Had a ton more fun on these tires, but never got an alignment, and kept blowing up front wheel bearings on my puny dana 44 front end:

Now in this time I was getting real upset with my truck. The 37" military tires SUCKED off road, i was eating through bearings every 3-4 months, and with no alignment, the tires were constantly toed out at the top, looked like crap. So... Out with the add a leaf, and back on new stock sized tires

Over that winter I picked me up a dana 50 ttb cheap, rebuilt it, and swapped it in in my college drivetrains class

Looking at these pics this is also when the body shop students repainted my hood:

More to come, only up to winter 06 now!