View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 02:34 AM
Fearsam
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The 4WD system works very, very well with the proper tires. I have taken my 07 expedition to some pretty remote places here in Oregon. Haven't needed the winch yet, knock on wood. Its kinda fun to go out and explore the wilderness for a day. I have also met some jeeps on the trails, usually with a confused look of "How did you get that up here??". It does have a few badges of honer, nothing that can't be buffed out though.

I agree, it should have more armor on the under side. I really hope they keep it on a truck frame. It might be plush, but the Expedition can go though some nasty conditions if need be.

1. I would like so see the ability for the owner to adjust the rear air height manually. I have a leveling kit from DayStar that works well. But it would be nice to adjust the rear a bit. Maybe a sensor that says you can only go up X amount of inch's before you damage the airbags. I'm sure it can be done now with programming, but I'm not sure what computer to plug in to adjust it. I believe the sensor is just potentiometer.

2. Headlights that turn left or right depending on which way your turning. I know, its more electronics to go wrong, but it would be cool.

3. Optional FLIR camera hidden in the grille. Expensive, yes. However, hitting a deer or cow on rural road or hwy is no fun. Its pretty easy to out run your headlights. Safety, Safety, Safety!! Not to mention bikes with no lighting at night!

4. The cool dashboard of the new F-350 that allows you to add or change certain gauges.

5. Longer warranty on the drive train to keep up Chevy's new warranty they are advertising. I don't know much about it, so I could be WAY off point.

6. Optional up-lifter switches that would pop in to that rubber space in front of the shifter.

7. Down hill decent control. I believe the Raptor has it.

8. An Expedition that is designed by the SVT team. I know it probably won't happen, but I can "Dream" =O)

9. Get Mike Rowe to do some Expedition commercials!!!

Thats it for now, i'm sure I will think of more.

I'm planning some more trips to the mountain pretty soon. I will defiantly let you know if we run across Big Foot.

Cheers,

Robert

P.S.,

GlassLeather&Wood, thanks again for all the good info.