View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 04:29 PM
officer131
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Out of the cities that you mentioned Allen Park is ok. I have a friend there and he hasn't had any problems in the area that he lives. I would stay away from lincoln Park and some parts Taylor if possible (IMO).

Now there is also Dearborn, Dearborn Heights, Westland. Stay away from detroit as much as possible.

Once you have narrowed your search down, call the local police department and ask them if there are many problems with the apartment complexes. Now, they wont ever tell you not to move there, so what you should ask "do you frequently patrol, or respond to that area?" that right there should give you an idea of what type of place it is. I will tell you from working experience the most common problem with apartment complexes is noise complaints and domestic/family trouble. Walls are thin and noise travels throughout.

Depending on your ride, I would suggest a complex with underground parking if possible with a gate. The so called security at some of these places just suck.

As far as tranportation goes. You have access to Southfiels freeway, I-94, so you are minutes away from just about anything you want to do. Watch out for the police on I-94.

As far as things to see. There is the Henry Ford museum in Dearborn that you can go to. In the summertime they useally have a few call shows there. I have attended with some of the families vehicles.

Again depending on the travel time you want I can help you narrow it down to a better location.

Where is the ford building that you will be working at? headquartors, plant, etc.

Any other questions just ask.