View Single Post
Old 02-13-2010, 08:35 AM
SmokinBarrels
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I replaced the sparkplug, and at first it seemed to be great. And thus far, it hasn't be as bad. Maybe a slight flutter, ever so often. Obviously, there must be something minor, like the MAF, or IACV.

I replaced the fuel filter at 80,000 miles. How often should you replace?

I will look those up in my manual and see if I can't get those cleaned.

Note: I should mention, I ran into this problem at around 90 - 110,000 miles. At that time, I was thinking Fuel Pressure, or fuel pump. I replaced the Relay (?) and FP regulator as it was a simple fix first. But, I don't think that solved the problem. I took the truck in and it was a coil. Anyway, at roughly 100 - 110,000 after this incident, I had several coils replaced at Ford, after I replaced all spark plugs. Basically, I screwed up the very back two - which are hard to get to, so I had to take it to Ford to fix. Anyway, after that, the truck ran fine!

So, some place inbetween 130 - 145,000 miles it began have this problem, fluttering one acceleration, oxygen sensor, and cylinder 3 codes.

Not sure if that additional info helps, but I am leaning away from fuel pump problems. I should probably check it. Is a FP kit inexpensive? And is it easy to hook up? I believe a Ford 2002 has a quick connect, for checking Fuel Pressure, correct?

Last edited by SmokinBarrels; 02-13-2010 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Updated info...