View Single Post
Old 02-13-2010, 01:32 AM
Paco_Jones
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by maples01
BS, those lots know how to clean one up so it appears to be a one owner, it doesn't mean a thing, why would you want an older truck, are you out of your mind? I would be I-6 granny gear all the way, that is a work truck, the auto in those days is junk, friend of mine has a 95 E-150 I-6 C-6 trans with 350,000 miles or more now, connected to the right transmission, last forever.
In all honesty, I want to get out form under a loan. If I can get a reliable old truck and 1500 or 2000 to boot for mine I will jump at it. An older truck doesn't scare me in the least and I'm not about to go get something new. As soon as this is paid off, Paco won't have anymore truck payments. If I can't afford to pay for it in cash I don't need it!

I would love to find an early 90's f-150 4x4, reg. cab swb with a 300/5 speed combo in it.

I'll tell you this truck was CLEAN! The body was perfect, doors lined up and shut very EASY, the fenders and bed lined up and had even gaps and I checked all of the wheel wells and couldn't find a spec or rust anywhere in the normal places these things are known for rust. I looked all over the interior and couldn't find absolutely ANY flaws. For a 19 year old truck to be in that good of shape, it's been taken care of! I went over it with a fine tooth comb and you can tell it has been taken care of and hasn't been beat on or ragged out.

Oh ok, the guy that owns the truck gets 3000 and the guy that owns the lot gets 2800 or 2500 when he knocks off 300 just for you
Pretty much! LOL