View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 04:18 PM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
Audio/Video Setup Installed

Finally got all of my stuff in and installed. Kind of a PITA though.

Parts:overall, pretty happy with the setup. The headunit sounds way better than the stock radio...and the iPod/iPhone functionality is wicked. I also love the Bluetooth function. My only real complaint is that you cannot put custom background screens.

The Headrests are surprisingly of decent quality. They function as DVD Players...or you can use them as a monitor (see pictures below). The only complaint I have is that they are smaller than the OEM units. The zipper cover is nice also. It looks completely factory when zipped up. Might be a good theft deterrant if they don't know it's there

Wiring wise...Ford engineers should be shot with that retarded setup. Ford utilizes a 10 minute battery saver circuit that the radio is tied into. That means they don't have any 12 volt keyed sources as part of the radio harness. It took some creative wiring, but I finally got it done. Not quite happy with it, but I'm working 12 hour shifts until I deploy...so I'll fix it properly when I get back.
btw, I did bypass the e-brake video lock. Extremely simple. If the wire has a 12 volt source (brake off) the video won't play. if the wire is grounded (brake on) the video plays.

I have no intentions of using this capability while driving...but it'll be nice for when the kids are watching and my wife can see what she is doing. before we had to have the 6yr old describe what was happening on the screen and play the guessing game...not an issue now

Here are some pictures.

Headunit:

Headrests:

All Three:
Misc Install Pics: