Old 02-09-2010, 02:07 PM
cecilt
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 2008 Expy El
I have 3 kids (3,5,8) and we also have a popup camper. We went from a 07 Dodge Grand Caravan to a 08 Expy El XLT, heavy duty tow package. I do miss the sliding doors for the little ones, but the space and towing power of the Expy make it worth it. Besides the gas mileage (expected), I have no complaints with the Expy and never wish I kept the minivan. Good Luck!
Million dollar question. If you only had 2 kids would you still get an EL? I remember back in 2000 when my wife and I were deciding on a Tahoe/Suburban. She thought the Suburban was too big. I said let's drive it anyways. First thing I had her do was pull into a Lowes parking lot(probably a bad decision in retrospect) and try to park it. She about had a panic attack trying to manuver that beast into a spot with cars on each side. Needless to say be bought the Tahoe which she loved.

I would like the EL only for the extra room and longer wheelbase should we ever upgrade to a TT. However, I am scared it will be too big for her just like the Suburban and again a 1 hour test drive will not allow enough time to formalize a size opinion. thanks for your input