View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 06:37 PM
z scpaes
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My intrest is mileage, Not HP. the horsepower gains are welcome but I won't be tuning my system to create big HP numbers. This is the most advanced "digital" propane injection system I've been able to find. Superchips Propane DPI Kit mine is the SCP-4815 uses a closed loop ECM and constatnly monitors parameters including engine temp, rpm, boost pressure to control flow. This system is mapped and programmable to your application. Only thing you need for this system is a tank.
I'm very new to the Propane injection systems and all I know is what i've read over the last 2-3 months. I did my homework before I bought this system when it comes to safety but I should have researched more about the truck I bought to put it on. 1991 F250 are not ECM controlled and my system will not work with this truck. yeah I know!
I have a landscape company and I tow my skidsteer and mowing equipment over a 60 mile radius. at 4MPG inrease I'll cut my fuel expense by about 25% after purchasing the propane. I have an 80gal tank to be mounted in the bed but it will take up alot of room and I have to have it approved before I can have it filled.
Thanks for the positive feedback on this topic Farmport, I haven't been getting much of that, concerning propane. at least not on this site.
Oh yeah, I posted some of the "claims" on fuel mileage for this kit in another thread. I got hit with speculation right away. I only posted what I had read and now I can't find the ad that I quoted so I won't be handing out any more "false information" You can find some info out there by searching superchips DPI