View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 07:23 PM
FishOnOne
Lead Driver
Received 1,447 Likes on 893 Posts
Bottom line guys, I'm not here to put down the 5.4L engine. If it does the job for you and your'e satisfied with it, then that's great. But if given the choice for my next super duty, the 5.4 wouldn't make the list for me. But that's me!

Also with my experience with the Chevy 6.0 vs the Ford 5.4, again my experience is the 6.0 is the better towing engine. Does it tow a load like its not behind the truck, no, not even close. But it did tow with much more confidence than the 5.4, and they were both 4 speed autos.

If the Ford 5.4 was the best of all worlds type of engine, Ford wouldnt' be eliminating it from the lineup and the 6.2 wouldv'e never been developed. I for one am very excited to see Ford produce the 6.2 because from my point of view, there will be fewer disapointed people who buy this truck/engine combination, and hook up a trailer to only be disapointed with their purchase.

Also fyi - I own a 6.0 psd that has its share of problems like oil leaks, lazy injectors at 100k miles, so it's not like this engine is superior either. I'm thinking Ford maybe back in the game in the gasoline & diesel lineup for '11 since its' been behind the competition too long. I won't go into the nausiating story about my Ford 6.0 and my Dad's current Duramax.