View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 12:35 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by axmrdr
Is there a page or link for the Arkansas Chapter to post stuff related to us? Still trying to find my way around....
Pretty much like all of the sub-forums on FTE you can click on the name...in this case "Arkansas Chapter" and it will show you everything in that sub-forum. There might be more to it...but that's all that I'm aware of.
Yeah, new bike prices are a little tough for the wife to accept so I shopped Ebay for a long time and ended up with a wrecked '98 police bike from Baton Rouge. Low miles on it and only bolt-on damage. After some internet shopping and a lot of blood, sweat, and beers it is better than new and just the way I like it.

I've had it since 2001 and it is pretty much my main source of transportation most of the year, but the F350 is the one I pick if the weather is funky. Seems the older I get the bigger sissy I become when it gets cold outside;-)
When I bought my C50 in the fall of '07 it was my first scooter. I had riden a buddies Honda around some backroads...I think it's an early '80s something vintage 4-banger...about 350cc??? At the time I was commuting 45 miles to work and my old Exploder was killing me on fuel. I wasn't sure if I was going to like it enough to justify too much of a monthly payment. The C50 was within my budget and so far I've enjoyed it. Though on one trip to Tulsa, I discovered about 30 minutes into a 2 hr ride...it isn't well suited to the Super-Slab. Talk about squirrely ...and at 70 it sounded like I was riding a milkshake mixer.

I'm always up for a ride if I'm not working - and the wife doesn't have plans for me :-O
I wish I could ride more than I have in the last 6 months. Part of my unemployment is we keep the 4 year at the house with me. Momma and I both agreed that she doesn't need to be on the scooter...not to mention it's against state law. So finding somewhere for her to go every time I want to ride is a hassle. Hopefully I'll get back to work soon and everything will return to "normal" and I'll get to ride in my spare time.