Old 02-04-2010, 02:33 PM
Redneck-Cowboy
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If removed from private property by a municipality pursuant to a municipal ordinance.

So that's still stating a "City" ordinance. Which I'm sure most people are familiar w/ what there's local city's (if they live in one) stands are on "junk" vehicles.

Why is this new bill being pushed through on the whole state? If one town has a problem then deal with it, don't make the rest of us who followed our towns rules go to some new extreme. I'm sure the 6 hour/7 day/30 day issue is the least of most of our worries right now, it's the general part of "inoperable" and "hobby" vehicles that was included. If anyone is restoring a car right, it sure couldn't happen in 37 days and 6 hours if you threw all the time together, most "concerned" neighbors can expect some mystery going on in the garge with odd looking pieces of metal laying around the garge door and peaking out of snow drifts w/ a possiable 1 or 2 donor cars somewhat taken apart on the property from anywhere from 3 months to 3 years or even longer in some cases. I don't think people understand it's not like reading the intructions for your kid's lego set to make sure it looks like the picture. If car restorations came in a box w/ instructions, everyone would be puttin them together, but it takes a special kind of person to be that multi talented and have the $60K it would prolly cost for the "kit". The rest of us spend our time hunting down a "lego box" with half the pieces and a few extra ones we don't need (if you will) for a fraction of the price, then search the internet, local farm auctions, car auctions, etc. for the "rest of the set" and whatta you know, they come nicely packed in a box (car or truck), but when the kid dumps the box all over the living room floor to put it together, well it makes a mess...... now do it without the instructions and see how long it takes you. Oh and then when you just about think you have it right you realize your little brother ate some of the pieces and you didn't have everything you needed in the first place, so the project must stay on hold until you track those down.